11.20.2007

backup universe

backup universe

long fitted absence of mine.
finding that fitting space between new job, old job, new space, old space, look me up in graceland or shout out from dollywood.
forward
in
time.
there is a pair of black adidas by the guestroom door frame and a box marked with martini & rossi and all i can think is of porco and a studio somewhere in japan. smooth things slip in my head.. too much decaf with no ice, no whip, low fat and gash my stomach hurts with the recent betrayal of lips to greasy cheese laden with "god my liver hates me" so i flow. so i go. so i walk along with the heartbeats of this evenings just in.
too much to go from when the natural spring up and i've all this time to tell you what i really mean. what it is i really think, what it is when it is what it is, and how does this cookie crumble? down in the valley down in the hole, archive of ours hours folded origami style...whispers of something else made from nothing else, pretty paper, pretty memories almost tasting the sky on my skin that night.
thursday night disco comes in so slow, finding paperclips on the memory of your face, side scribbled and not much that is still legible.. that book, that story is somewhere in birmingham, sitting on a shelf with a friend who keeps it all safe when i go missing..
all in all
things are well.
i found my pen.

2 comments:

bindiec said...

Lucy

I am starting a book reading thingy (I hate to say club because it is just me). If you are interested in the reading and discussion, we could chat and write each other. Let me know if you are interested?

bindiec said...

lucy

i sent you an invite into "the club" if you are still interested.